Wednesday 15 May 2013

Napoleonic British

I've had some Perry Miniatures plastic British line infantry and Victorix plastic guns sitting around half painted for a couple of years. As a war gamer I think a Napoleonic army is a must. Twenty odd years ago I used to have a huge army of mini figs and redoubt miniatures Brits and now I feel the need to relive that.

But moving off the point, half painted figures... Having just finished a job painting an army of Front Rank Austrians I have been inspired to finish off at least what I have brought already.

So here you go, the 44th East Essex Regiment of Foot. (It was the flags in the box that inspired this choice, and also the similar name and same cuff colours of Sharpe's South Essex).




The Perry Miniatures box is great value, 36 infantry including parts for Grenadier and Light companies and the options for belgic or stovepipe shakos; and also 4 riflemen.

I've Started painted the Victrix battery as well, one gun and limber painted.


No comments:

Post a Comment